A Saint Patrick Catholic Church we celebrate children.
To the parents of our young children,
- Relax! God put the wiggle in children; don’t feel you have to suppress it in God’s house. All are welcome!
- Do prepare your child ahead of time by modeling joy at the opportunity to worship God in this community.
- Sit toward the front where it is easier to see and hear.
- Quietly explain the parts of the Mass.
- Sing the hymns loudly, pray and voice the responses with enthusiasm. Children learn liturgical behavior by copying you.
- If your child becomes particulary disruptive, feel free to leave Mass, but please come back. As Jesus said: “Let the children come to me.”
- Trust the evironment of the Mass and our community to form your child over time.
- Please do not bring food or drink into the church unless they are medically indicated. Please do not bring electronic games into Church.
To the members of the parish…
- Remember that the way we welcome children in Church directly affects the way they respond to the Church, to God and to one another.
- Let them know that they are loved and appreciated in this house of worship. A smile of encouragement is always welcome to parents with small, active children.
- The presence of children is a gift to the Church! They are members of our community, and a reminder that our parish is growing.
I want to be part of the welcoming team!
Sandra Kuharic, Pastoral Assistant for Evangelization & Engagement