Extraordinary Ministers Of Holy Communion At Mass (EMHC) prayerfully serve the faithful people of Saint Patrick Catholic Church by distributing the Precious Body and Blood of Christ during the Eucharistic celebrations of the Mass.
- Assist the presider in distributing the Eucharist at Mass
- Offer to minister on Holy Days and other special feasts
- Offer to minister even when you are not scheduled
- Be willing to serve at Mass
What is Required To Serve as an Extraordinary Ministers Of Holy Communion At Mass?
- Fully initiated Catholic, having received the sacraments of Baptism, Reconciliation, First Eucharist, and Confirmation
- Deep love and reverence for the Holy Eucharist
- Modeling a life of love for God and neighbor
- Approved by the Pastor
A Call to Serve
In this ministry, you are asked to serve once or twice a month. A monthly schedule is emailed to all Extraordinary Ministers Of Holy Communion.
EMHC training is provided by the EMHC trainer about 2-3 times a year, generally in preparation for the holiest times of the liturgical year— Christmas and Easter or when there is a need.