I am the vine, you are the branches. Those who abide in me and I in them bear much fruit, because apart from me you can do nothing. I have said these things to you so that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be complete.John 15:5-11
The Sacrament of Confirmation is celebrated at Saint Patrick Catholic Church annually.
Sacramental Preparation for Confirmation is open to all incoming 9th through 12th grade students who are baptized into the Catholic Church, have received First Eucharist.
When you were baptized, you and your family began a journey of faith in God. Your relationship with God was marked as collaborative. You began to learn how God shows His great love for you, and how you can respond in return. As the scripture above indicates, God wants complete joy for you, and He can show you the way to it if you continue to follow Him.
Confirmation is the Sacrament that completes your initiation into the Catholic Church and strengthens you through the power of the Holy Spirit. This strength will help you to be a disciple in the world and to become a more active member of the Church. Our parish takes seriously the task of preparing candidates to receive the Sacraments. To get the most out of the program, we have certain requirements and encouraging suggestions.
In preparing for Confirmation, are you ready to do the following:
- Approach the Confirmation journey with an open mind and heart.
- Attend and fully participate in all Confirmation classes and activities.
- Attend Mass every Sunday and Holy Days of Obligation.
- Receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation before Confirmation Mass.
- Except more responsibility in my family, parish, and community.
- Commit to daily prayer, especially for growth in faith, hope and love.
- Select a Sponsor who is a Confirmed Catholic, who has been Confirmed for at least 2 years and is age 18 or older.
Preparation for the sacrament of Confirmation uses the program Chosen by Ascension Press.
Chosen: Your Journey Toward Confirmation is a 24-lesson program that provides everything you need to prepare your students both intellectually and spiritually to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation. The program will both catechize and challenge teens to fully embrace a life in Christ. Chosen is a comprehensive learning experience centered around fully integrated video and workbook lessons. Guides for leaders, parents, and sponsors seamlessly incorporate into the program to make Chosen unlike anything available in the Church today. Check out the trailer below.
- What does it mean to be part of the Body of Christ?
- What gifts have you been given? How are you called to use those gifts to benefit others?
- Who are you called to be? What are you called to do with your life?
- What is the mission of the Church? What is your role in carrying it out? To what are you commissioned?
- How do the lives of the saints inspire you to “give off the aroma of Christ”?
We invite the Saint Patrick Catholic Church community to pray for the youth who are discerning their readiness to receive the Gifts of the Holy Spirit through the Sacrament of Confirmation.
Learn more about the sacrament of Confirmation for youth as you begin your discernment. If you have more questions about sacramental preparation for the Confirmation of youth, contact Anna and Joe Skillman, Youth Confirmation Leaders.
Tell Me More about the Sacrament of Confirmation for Youth?
Anna & Joe Skillman, Youth Confirmation Leaders