Our admissions policy acknowledges that the primary purpose of the school is to educate the children of St. Patrick Parish whose families are committed to the Catholic faith and Catholic education. It also recognizes the considerable support— financial and otherwise— provided by Saint Patrick Catholic Church to the school, as well as the demonstrated commitment to Catholic grade school education by families already enrolled in the school.
In the event that the school receives more applications for admission than there are spaces available in a given class or grade level, the following priorities will guide admissions decisions:
- Children of active, participating parish members (see “Active Parish Participation” below), who have siblings who will attend St. Patrick Catholic School (SPCS) during the next academic year or who have graduated from SPCS.
- Children with siblings who will be in the school in the next academic year or who have graduated from SPCS who are not active, participating parish members at St. Patrick Parish.
- Children of active, participating St. Patrick parish members, as defined below, who do not have siblings in the school.
- Children of active, participating parish members at neighboring Catholic churches, as defined below, who do not have siblings in the school
- All other children.
Final decisions are made by the Principal and Pastoral leader of St. Patrick Catholic School.
“Active Parish Participation” is Characterized By
- Registration in the parish office as a member of Saint Patrick Parish for at least one year before enrollment, or registration in the parish office as a member of Saint Patrick Parish and proof of good standing in another parish for one year before enrollment.
- Weekly family Mass attendance at Saint Patrick Catholic Church.
- Participation in the religious life of Saint Patrick Parish.
- Active financial support of Saint Patrick Parish through Sacrificial Giving with a completed current Sacrificial Giving pledge card on file and progress toward fulfilling that pledge.
Age Requirements for Admission
A child must be 5 years of age for kindergarten, 4 years old for PreK 4, and 3 years old for PreK 3 by August 31 immediately preceding the school year for which the student seeks to enroll. There are no exceptions made to this requirement.
A student who is enrolled at St. Patrick Catholic School and remains in good standing will be eligible for continued enrollment.