PreK and Kindergarten – 8th Grade
The intent of this guideline is to assist the principal in accepting students for enrollment in the event of the school receiving more applications than available space. The guideline recognizes that Saint Patrick School’s purpose is to provide Catholic education. It recognizes the considerable support— financial and otherwise— provided by Saint Patrick Catholic Church to the school. It also recognizes the demonstrated commitment to Catholic grade school education by families already enrolled in the school.
In-Parish Status is defined as a family who:
- Is registered in the parish office as a member of Saint Patrick Parish for at least one year prior to enrollment; or be registered in the parish office as a member of Saint Patrick Parish and provide proof of good standing in another parish for one year prior to enrollment.
- Attends Mass weekly at Saint Patrick Catholic Church as a family.
- Participates in the religious life of Saint Patrick Parish.
- Participates consistently in the financial support of Saint Patrick Parish through Sacrificial Giving with a completed current Sacrificial Giving pledge card on file and is fulfilling that pledge.
PreKindergarten: In addition to the policy above, to enroll in the half-day Pre-Kindergarten program, a child must be three years of age by August 31 and able to use the bathroom by him or herself.
Kindergarten: To enroll in the Kindergarten program, a child must be five years of age by August 31.
Students will be preferentially placed in a grade level based on the following criteria if student enrollment exceeds class size:
- Students of families who have children presently enrolled in the school, Catholic or not.
- Students of applying families who are registered, supporting and active at Saint Patrick Parish.
- Students of applying families who are registered in and supportive of other parishes.
- Students of applying non-parish families.
Once a student is accepted into Saint Patrick Ctholic School, and is in good standing, he/she will retain his/her eligibility for continued enrollment.