The 2016 Advent & Christmas Celebration
Join us for a festive celebration of this Glorious Season on Thursday evening, Dec. 15, 2016
Featuring musical performances by the school’s Band, K-5 General Music, and Choir programs.
The evening also includes a family-friendly, student-led Festival of Lessons & Carols and Living Nativity.
Celebration begins at 6:30 pm in the Church – Doors for seating open at 6 pm.
For Parents of Participating K-8th Grade Students:
- All K-5 students, and members of the choir and the bands, are performing in this concert.
- Choir will wear their usual performance attire.
- Band members not in Choir will wear “Sunday Best”
- Remaining K-5 students will wear “Sunday Best” or holiday attire. Please, no jeans, shorts, sweats or t-shirts.
- Narrators,Actors, and Emcees from the 4th-8th grades have been selected for this event. Actors have been fitted for costumes during the school day. Narrators and Emcees should wear “Sunday Best.”
- Please have your children fed and in good spirits when you drop them off Thursday evening at the back entrance (alley entrance) to the Church Hall at the following times:
– K-5th, Actors, and Narrators: No later than 6 pm.
– Choir, Band, Emcees, Scouts, and volunteers: No later than 5:20 pm.
7. The programis expected to last approximately 80 minutes.
8. Parents are encouraged to have a snack ready for their student for the car ride home. There will be no food in the Church Hall during or after the program.
The Festival of Lessons and Carols is a service celebrating the birth of Jesus that is traditionally held on Christmas Eve. Customarily, it includes nine readings from the Bible, interspersed with sung carols, and leading the congregation through the story of the fall of humanity, the promise of the Messiah, and the birth of Jesus. This Saint Patrick School version has been tailored to include five short readings detailing the story of Jesus’ birth, with familiar Christmas carols sung between each reading by the students and entire congregation. It is a reverent and festive celebration of the Christmas story especially for family audiences.