Grades Pre-K – 3
The elementary music program at Saint Patrick School provides a foundation in musicianship, theory, history and vocal music. A meaningful experience is provided through the regular participation in sacred music in a liturgical context and in performance in school concerts and assemblies.
Through the five-year general music program (pre-k through grade 3), students work to meet the following expectations by the end of the third grade:
- Write and recognize by sight all notes, note values, rests and parts of the staff for both treble and bass clef.
- Sing accompanied, a cappella, unison and two-part songs with a focus on healthy vocal technique.
- Move responsibly to music.
- Recognize instrument families and the appropriate uses of individual instrument sounds.
- Participate fully in the mass and prayer services through vocal music.
- Develop a liking to actively listen to music, an interest in music history and theory, and a joy for making music.
- Be fully prepared to find success in the choir and/or band programs at 4thgrade with strong musicianship skills.