The philosophy of St. Patrick Catholic School’s library curriculum is to ensure that students are effective users of ideas and information. The library curriculum seeks to develop a life-long love of reading and the ability to discern literary merit. The curriculum incorporates literature representing diverse cultures and ideas. The mission is accomplished by:
* Providing intellectual and physical access to information;
* Providing instruction to foster competence and stimulate interest in reading for enjoyment and understanding;
* Working in partnership with classroom teachers for curriculum development;
* Fostering individual and collaborative inquiry.
* The student learns research strategies to locate information.
* The student learns strategies for information literacy to evaluate information critically and competently.
* The student has access and guidance to a relevant collection of fiction and non-fiction books for recreational reading and literature appreciation.
Weekly library time is part of the specialist schedule for Pre-K through 4th grade students. Fifth through eighth grade students use the library for research and to check out books as needed.
The library is open during normal school hours Monday-Friday. St. Pat’s also provides access to its library catalog online through Follett’s Destiny Library.