Do you wonder if you are really passing on faith to your family? Worry that your children seem disinterested? Wish you had some new ideas on fostering family spirituality?
You Are NOT Alone!
As parents, grandparents or guardians we are always wondering if we are doing the best for our children.
What is Religious Education?
Relgious Education (formerly know as Family Based Catechesis or CCD) is a program developed for families to awaken and nurture the creative parts within you so you can pass on the faith to the family members.
It is a program for families whose children attend public school or are home schooled.
What is the Purpose of Religious Education?
We believe that:
- The home is the first and most important place where faith is nurtured.
- Finding the holy in the ordinary of everyday life helps us deepen our faith.
- Praying, learning, and growing together as a community builds the Kingdom of God.
To help foster this we use
- Catholic teaching thru texts, handouts and other useful tools.
- Shared opportunities for prayer. Community gathering.
How is the Program Structured to Include the Whole Family?
The program meets on Sundays at 9 A.M. – 10:20 A.M (except November 25, 2017 or December 3, 2017) in the Parish Center. The group opens with a family-led prayer then break out into sessions based on the grade level of the children.
The adults have a session too. Laughter and learning are shared along with delicious refreshments. The groups wrap up in time for 10:30 A.M. Mass.
Forms & Resources
- Religious Education [Online] Registration Form
- Religious Education Registration Fee ($40/family) Payment Link
I want to learn more about Religious Education
253-383-2783 ext. 4108